Discover Houses for Rent in Corpus Christi, TX
Corpus Christi is located in the south of Texas, close to Victoria and San Antonio. Renters searching for homes for rent in the city will find an urban area directly alongside the Corpus Christi Bay that contains amenities and services such as Corpus Christi International Airport, the Selena Museum, Lozano Golf Center and Driscoll Children's Hospital.
History of Corpus Christi
- The city earned its name in the early 1500s. A Spanish explorer named Alonzo Alvarez de Pineda discovered the area of what's now modern Corpus Christi. The explorer was Roman Catholic and named the area after the Christian feast day called "Body of Christ." Numerous other Spanish expeditions were made to the area.
- The Karankawa Native American tribe were inhabitants of the area as well.
- The area of contemporary Corpus Christi served as a frontier post during its early history.
- Corpus Christi was officially incorporated into Texas in 1821. The city has gained a reputation for being a prominent center of education, agriculture and shipping.
- The city's first ordinance was published in 1879.
Resources for Renters
- The city's website has special information related to Corpus Christi life, which will be excellent for new residents. The site has a page called "Quick Access" that's designed to give renters rapid news on local weather, jobs, animal care, travel and transportation, online services, financial data and maps.
- The Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History's website has links regarding the institution's programs, camps, events and information for teachers and parents.
- Corpus Christi Independent School District's website has information on the district's departments, such as business services. The site also has a page called "Employment" that offers links on the benefits of working in the district, human resources and online job listings.