Discover Houses for Rent in Dayton, TX
Dayton is in the Houston area, next to the Gulf of Mexico. The city directly neighbors Liberty and Mont Belvieu in Liberty County. Families hunting down suitable homes for rent have excellent choices for eating, exploring and shopping in Dayton, such as Compadres Mexican, Dayton City Park, Pizza Wing, Lazy B General Store and many more.
Interesting Facts About Dayton
- Dayton has been known by other names throughout its long history. The community was originally called West Liberty.
- Cattle raising and lumbering were two principal industries in Dayton's early economy.
- Agriculture also played a role in the community's economy - a draining system was constructed that facilitated the rise of rice as a dominant crop in Dayton.
- Dayton was incorporated in the early 1900s.
- Later industries that helped foster growth and development in Dayton were the oil industry and cotton gins.
- The city's motto is "Making the Difference."
Resources for Renters
Dayton's official website will help renters gain swift information about key elements of life in the city. An example of this is the "Frequently Asked Questions" page, which provides responses to commonly asked questions such as "What are the City Hall hours?," "What do I do if I have a problem after hours?" and "What are the garbage collection holidays?" Other pages include "About Us," which displays a brief paragraph on what life will be like in the city. There are also pages on boards and committees, city government, a community calendar, economic development, contact information, city departments and helpful links.
Dayton Independent School District's website helps parents steer their way through the countless resources available on the district, such as departments, the school board, staff resources, the schools that make up the district and contact information.