Discover Houses for Rent in El Lago, TX
El Lago is a distinct location in Harris County that's near multiple bodies of water, including Clear Lake, Galveston Bay, Taylor Lake and Mud Lake. The city neighbors League City and Shoreacres. Homes for rent in El Lago give residents access to numerous amenities, such as Valdo's Seafood House, Boondoggle's, Island Furniture and Art Gallery, Maverick Remodeling and Chelsea.
Interesting Facts About El Lago and Harris County
- El Lago was founded in the 1950s and officially incorporated in 1961.
- El Lago is a small urban area, so broader historical facts about Harris County will help residents get a feel for what the area is like.
- The Harris County Ship Channel Navigation District was a major source of the county's rise as a prominent industrial center in Texas.
- As El Lago is close to Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center, the center's founding helped to spur the population in El Lago.
Resources for Renters
- The City of El Lago's website has the latest news from the city, running the gamut from a parks board meeting to the mayor's update on stray cats in the city. There's also a number of other resources for renters, such as the schedule of the El Lago Swim and Racquet Club, building permits, a code of ordinances and the contact information and ZIP codes of the county. Residents should visit the site's pages on City Hall, emergency management, homeowner/new resident, municipal court, police/fire, and parks/recreation. Most of these pages subdivide into further topics, so residents with a specific question should spend time perusing the site.
Harris County's website has helpful pages for residents, such as online services including public health, business services, housing and public infrastructure. Other pages on the site include residents, government, business and "How Do I?," which provides explanations on various responsibilities, such as taxes.