Discover Houses for Rent in Groves, Texas
Groves is found along the Sabinet Lake. The city is close to Port Arthur and Nederland. Families searching for homes for rent can go to many notable places while living in Groves, such as Port Groves Golf Course, West Groves Park, Wilcox Veterinary Clinic, Groves Activity Center, Courtyard Cafe & Bakery, Sylvia's Florist & Gifts and Groves Library.
Interesting Facts About Groves
- Numerous economic industries have been found in Groves over the years. Some prominent ones include refineries, ship building and petrochemical plants.
- The city was officially incorporated in 1952, after previous attempts to do so had fallen short.
- Groves was originally referred to as "Pecan Grove," prior to 1921. That year saw the land of contemporary Groves change hands, going to the Port Arthur Land and Development Company. After this, the city was simply called Groves.
- During the 1900s Groves became much more industrialized. This was due to the city's location along the Kansas City Southern Railway.
- Falling oil prices in the 1980s had a negative impact on the city's economy.
Resources for Renters
- Grove's official website has helpful tips and resources for renters. For example, a resident can find pages on ordinances and notices by perusing the site. Other resources include an event calendar, a city map and pages on special locations in the city. These include the Activity Building and the Municipal Court.
Groves Public Library also has a website. This be a good resource for renters looking for information on volunteering at the library, donating, a calendar of events, library news and newsletters. Of course, a renter can do an extensive search of the library's catalog on the site to find interesting books.
- The city's chamber of commerce has a website, directing renters towards information on the chamber's board members, a calendar, contact information and members of the chamber.