Search for Houses for Rent in Harker Heights, TX
Families searching for homes for rent in Harker Heights have chosen the perfect community. This Texas city offers renters a vibrant lifestyle, plenty of local schools and a business-friendly environment. With plenty of amenities nearby, Harker Heights is not only in a convenient location, but there's also a range of things for residents to do.
Things to Know About Harker Heights
- The city is located just outside Killeen, making it a great spot for commuters or those who simply want to enjoy a change of scenery or a big night out every now and then. It's on U.S. Highway 190.
- Harker Heights isn't a particularly old community, but that doesn't mean it isn't rich in history. Construction of homes didn't begin until the late 1950s, but since then, Harker Heights has seen significant growth and developed into a thriving community.
- The city is located near Fort Hood and has been significantly influenced by the military post.
Resources for Harker Heights Renters
- The city's website is full of information renters need to make their move to Harker Heights as smooth as possible. With information about upcoming events, contact numbers and the local newsletter, new renters can benefit from checking the page frequently.
- The Harker Heights Chamber of Commerce can offer aspiring entrepreneurs valuable resources.
- Harker Heights students are served by the Killeen Independent School District.
Things to Do in Harker Heights
Residents, particularly those with children, may enjoy visiting the local parks and taking part in community-sponsored events designed to allow renters to get to know their neighbors. There are also plenty of volunteer opportunities for those who want to get involved with the city and make it a better place to live.