481 Houses for Rent in Hutchins, Texas
Number of Bedrooms
Hutchins House Options
Discover Houses for Rent in Hutchins, TX
Hutchins is located in Dallas County,near notable Texas locations like Lancaster and Balch Springs. Families who've been looking for homes for rent will find many attractive elements in Hutchins, such as Campbell Park, Martin Luther King Jr. Park, Valley View Park and a number of others.
History of Hutchins
- Hutchins served as a key trading point for the early inhabitants of Dallas County.
- The name Hutchins comes from William J. Hutchins, who galvanized the construction of the Houston and Texas Central Railway.
- During the 1800s, the city had a relatively small population. Hutchins was dotted with two general stores, gristmills, a doctor's office and other small businesses.
Resources for Renters
- The city's website will be handy for potential renters. It has some interesting and quirky features, like a series of photographs called "Watch us Grow" that displays the city's prominent locations. The site also has pages on economic development, city government, employment, contact information and a brief summary of the city, among others. A page called "Helpful Numbers" will give a renter access to the telephone numbers of City Hall, public works, animal control, code enforcement, Atwell Public Library, Hutchins Senior Center and a few others.
- Parents should visit a few websites to determine which schools their children should attend while living in Hutchins. These include Lancaster Independent School District, DeSoto Independent School District and Dallas Independent School District. All of the sites have information optimally designed for parents, teachers and students, sure to be helpful sources in navigating the educational community in Hutchins.
- Dallas County's website will be useful for renters, especially for gleaning information about the unique features of the county government, county records and pages on the county's commitment to transparency.