Discover Houses for Rent in Kingsville, TX
Kingsville is located in Kleberg County, serving as the county seat. The city neighbors Robstown and Premont. Homes for rent in Kingsville will place a renter in a dynamic and cultured setting with locations such as Flato Park, Robert J. Kleberg Public Library, Los Hermanos Flores Park, El Corral Restaurant and CB's Bar-B-Que.
History of Kingsville
- The city derives its name from Richard King, a famous capitalist who pioneered the King Ranch, from which the town eventually originated. Kingsville was constructed along the St. Louis, Brownsville and Mexico Railway.
- People associated with the railroad made up a large percentage of the early population of Kingsville in the 1900s. The railroad also served as the economic center of Kingsville.
- King Ranch was a large impetus behind the growth of Kingsville. The ranch led to the construction of a hotel, waterworks, cotton gin, ice plant and newspaper, diversifying and improving the city's economy and standard of life.
- Kingsville was also a crucial center for trade between both farmers and ranchers.
- Natural gas and oil wells played a role in the later economic life of the city.
- Texas A&M University at Kingsville is an institution of higher learning located in the city. This helped bring many students and young people to the Kingsville area.
Resources for Renters
- Kingsville's website has facts and pages that will be indispensable for potential renters. These include the mayor's personal welcome, election information, city news and commission agendas. Renters with personal or specific requests should check out the page called "I Want To" that will take a resident to a number of pages, such as requesting garbage pickup, pothole and streetlight repair, paying water and utility bills and viewing maps, events and contact information.
- The Kingsville Texas Chamber of Commerce has a handy website with features such as area links, a community calendar, member growth and a business directory.