Find Great Houses for Rent in Lake Dallas, TX
On the banks of Lewisville Lake, Lake Dallas lies between Denton in the north and the massive Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area in the south. Homes for rent in Lake Dallas are close to a variety of parks that sit against the scenic lake, including Willow Grove Park, West Lake Park and Oakland Park. Lakeview Airport is also nearby, as are a number of local shops and restaurants. It's a great community filled with people who love fishing, boating and living a quiet lake life.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Lake Dallas was originally called the French Settlement. Despite the name, it was not settled by the French, but rather a family with the last name French.
- Being between Denton and Dallas, Lake Dallas has grown as these two cities have. Its economy is closely tied to theirs.
- Lake Dallas' borders and real estate value have changed over the years as the bridge to Lewisville was erected and destroyed, as Interstate 35E grew in importance and as the lake expanded.
- In downtown Lake Dallas, the idea of having commercial property on the first floor and residential above has been around for a long time.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- The Lake Dallas official city website is an excellent tool for any families moving to the city. With employment information, a community events page, a comprehensive directory and easy links, residents will be visiting this page for all civic matters.
- Are you trying to enroll your children in the Lake Dallas Independent School District? Visit the school system's helpful website for academic calendars, enrollment guidelines, and athletic and academic information.
- The Lake Cities Sun is a great local newspaper for the residents of Lake Dallas. With sports, news, regional commentary and community events, it's a must-read in the lake region.