Discover Houses for Rent in Lindale, TX
Lindale is located in Smith County. It neighbors Tyler. Families who're searching for homes for rent in an excellent place to live will have access to a diverse set of locations and amenities, such as Brookshire's of Lindale, Miranda Lambert Store, Lindale Eagles Stadium, Doc's Pizza, Whataburger and a number of others.
Interesting Facts About Lindale
- The area that's come to be called Lindale was home to the Caddo - sometimes referred to as the Hasinais - Native American tribe during the community's early history. The Cherokee tribe also lived in the region.
- Lindale became a settlement in the late 1800s, attracting many people to the area.
- Agriculture played a central role in the early years of the community. The community of Lindale shipped fruits and cotton in the late 1800s.
- Flour mills, a gristmill and a cotton gin were some of the economic industries that ran while the town developed.
- Lindale was officially incorporated in 1905.
- The community was sustained by the Civilian Conservation Corp Camp 896 during the harsh years of the Great Depression. Farmers participated in programs that helped them find work during this period of economic hardship.
Resources for Renters
- Lindale's website displays indispensable resources for renters. A page called "Documents" provides the essential papers for renters, such as a code of ordinances, election general information, proposals, proclamations, water utilities, rental facilities and human resources and employment, among other pertinent documents. Another good resource for renters that can be found on the city's website is a page called "City Overview." This describes the mission and values of Lindale, something a renter will want to peruse to make sure that the community is the right fit.
- Parents can locate information about Lindale's school district by visiting Lindale Independent School District's website. This has pages on schools, departments, human resources, the district's foundation, the district's administration and resources designed specifically for parents.