Find Great Houses for Rent in Lufkin, TX
Lufkin is a city in eastern Texas between Houston and Shreveport, Louisiana. Lufkin is the county seat of Angelina County and home to large businesses such as Pilgrim's Pride and oil company Lufkin Industries. Homes for Rent in this medium-sized city are great for families who want to move to a suburban community with a scenic downtown, plenty of local businesses and several large shopping areas. The community also has great parks like Morris Frank Park, medical facilities such as Woodland Heights Medical Center and a strong school system.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Lufkin is in Texas Forest Country, sandwiched between Davy Crockett National Forest in the west and Angelina National Forest in the east. Lufkin is home to the Texas Forestry Museum. The Timber industry has been critical to Lufkin's success.
- Nearby Lake Sam Rayburn is the largest reservoir in the state of Texas. Many people come to Lufkin to fish, boat or swim in the lake.
- Famous Texan Rep. Charlie Wilson retired to Lufkin after leaving Congress in 1996. The book and film "Charlie Wilson's War" were based on Wilson's involvement in arming the Afghan Mujahideen in its war against the Soviet Union.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Looking to enroll your children in school? Visit the Lufkin Independent School District website for all the information you'll need on athletics, academics and the schools in the area.
- Whether you read it in print or online, the Lufkin Daily News is an excellent local resource for what's going on in the community.
- The Lufkin official city website is an important tool for every resident. It doesn't just provide interesting historical and event information, it also allows people to communicate with elected representatives and find the services they need.