Discover Great Houses for Rent in Mineral Wells, TX
Mineral Wells is a city in north-central Texas, just east of Fort Worth. It's part of two counties, Palo Pinto and Parker. Homes for rent in Mineral Wells give families the chance to live in a great community with strong historical roots. Although the mineral springs that made Mineral Wells a popular destination are largely gone, there are still many great parks and areas to explore.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Mineral Wells is named for the mineral springs in the city that were once an international draw. In the early 1900s, people would come from all over to experience the healing qualities of this water. Today most of the springs are closed, and only the Famous Mineral Water Co. is to open to visitors.
- The Baker Hotel is one of the most famous buildings in Mineral Wells. This nationally registered building was built to serve the booming tourism industry when the springs were the city's main appeal. Today, the beautiful building draws in many visitors in its own right.
- Mineral Wells is also home to the National Vietnam War Museum, the Laumdronat (a washing machine museum and laundromat), Mineral Wells Fossil Park and Mineral Wells State Park.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Are you looking to catch up on some Palo Pinto County news? Visit the Mineral Wells Index online newspaper as a convenient source for coverage of current events, local opinion and high school sports.
- The children of Mineral Wells are served by the Mineral Wells Independent School District. Check out its website for information for both parents and students about academics and athletics throughout the school year.
- The official Mineral Wells city website is an enormous asset to any renter. This Web resource gives families the chance to pay bills, read meeting minutes and contact municipal departments from the comfort of their own home.