Find Houses for Rent in Pflugerville, TX
Located just 17 miles from Austin, Pflugerville, Texas, is a community that sits on the edge of the blackland prairies. The city is full of economic opportunities and recreation activities surrounding Lake Pflugerville, and is an ideal spot for families looking for homes for rent.
3 Facts About Pflugerville for Renters
- Pflugerville was named as one of the Best Places to Live by CNN Money Magazine. The publication's list of America's best small cities made note of Pflugerville's sound finances, commitment to sustainability and its relaxing recreation opportunities as top reasons for the Texas community's ranking.
- Pflugerville was founded in 1860 when the first general store and post office was established in William Bohls' residence.
- The city is named after Henry Pfluger, who first arrived in the area in 1849. Pfluger and his family raised crops and cattle.
Key Resources for Pflugerville Renters
- The new resident page at the city's official website can be helpful for families looking for homes for rent in the community. The Web page features essential contact information on city services, the local library and schools.
- Families relocating to the area can find out about the Pflugerville Independent School District by visiting the district's website.
- The Pflugerville Chamber of Commerce also provides information on area businesses.
Things to Do in Pflugerville
- Downtown Pflugerville is home to a small business district along Pecan and Main streets and offers residents fun shopping and dining choices.
- The Downtown district also holds family-friendly events throughout the year. Residents can stay in the loop with Downtown Pflugerville events by visiting the Pflugerville Downtown Association's website.
- The city also holds annual events in the community for families, like Deutschen Pfest, which celebrates the city's history.