Discover Houses for Rent in Port Neches, TX
Port Neches is an urban location in Jefferson County. It neighbors Port Arthur and Beaumont. Families searching for homes for rent will find an area that will satisfy many requirements, such as finding a good place to raise children, with fun spots, amenities and stores such as Central Park, Port Neches Park, Sea Ranch Cafe, Tonalta School of Music, Port Neches-Groves ISD Baseball Field and Effie & Wilton Hebert Public Library.
Interesting Facts About Port Neches
- The Atakapa Native American tribe inhabited the area during its early history.
- The city was first founded in 1834. That year saw the area settled by Joseph Grigsby and his family, originally named Grigsby's Bluff.
- The current name of the city was acquired in 1901. This coincided with the rise of petrochemical plants and refineries in the area.
- Sawmills and gristmills were some early examples of economic industry in Port Neches. Agriculture also played a role, and the principal crops were rice and oranges.
- The city underwent significant development due to the impact of WWII.
Resources for Renters
Port Neches has a detailed website that's available for renters. It lists city holidays, current job openings, hurricane information and employee email access under a section called "City Quick Links." Other specific pages on the site include human resources, utility information, finance department, Port Neches parks and several others.
- Effie & Wilton Hebert Public Library's website has information relevant to new residents, including pages on library cards, the history of the library, volunteering, the library's board, online resources and children and teen services. Most important is the link to the library's catalog, which will let a resident peruse the stock of books at the library.
Port Neches - Groves Independent School District's website will give parents and students helpful links to district information.