Discover Houses for Rent in Portland, TX
Portland is a part of Nueces and San Patricio counties. The city lies along the Corpus Christi Bay and the Nueces Bay, and nearby cities include Corpus Christi and Aransas Pass. Families searching for homes for rent will find many exciting places in Portland, such as Northshore Country Club, Northshore Plaza, Baker Park, Moser Park, Taqueria Tapatio, Salvation Army Portland Unit and St. Christopher's by the Sea.
Facts About Portland
- The city has been called the "Gem City of the Gulf," a phrase that reflects the geographic location of the city, which is situated in an area that many people find visually pleasing.
- Portland had industries that promoted economic growth during its early history, with one prominent example being the cultivation of cotton.
- Portland served for a number of years as a shipping center for crops.
Resources for Renters
- Portland's website includes helpful information on a variety of services for residents, such as a page called "Lifestyle," that provides information on the vibe of the city, its climate, the city's calendar, community events, a city map, city news and a few other topics. Likewise, a page called "About Us" provides a summary of Portland's history and contemporary scene. Renters will also find a list of the city's departments and a description of local government by visiting the site.
- The Gregory - Portland Independent School District's website lists information about the district, the latest news, a calendar and the district's departments. Departments include curriculum and assessment, federal and special programs, food services, technology, transportation, among others.
Portland's Chamber of Commerce's website has excellent resources for renters interested in business and entrepreneurship. There are a slew of pages on the site about doing business, living there, what's new, events, the business directory, a broad overview of the chamber and information that will help a resident join up.