Discover Houses for Rent in Prosper, TX
Prosper is found within two counties - Denton and Collin. Prosper neighbors Celina and Frisco. Families looking for excellent homes for rent will find many interesting shops, cultural locations and amenities while inhabiting Prosper, such as Palio's Pizza Cafe, Main Street Park, Boyer Park, Prosper City Hall, VitalPet - Windmill Veterinary Center and many more.
Interesting Facts About Prosper
- The area in the vicinity of modern Prosper was originally divided into two settlements - one, located to the south of the community, was called Rock Hill, while the second, located just north of Prosper, was called Richland.
- The St. Louis & San Francisco Railroad led to the development of Prosper. The two communities united to form the town.
- Prosper owes its name to an inhabitant of the area who said that crops in the region had been prosperous.
- The town was incorporated in 1914.
- The evolution of agricultural technology helped improve the economy of Prosper after the Great Depression.
- Prosper was the center of agricultural trade in the region - the staple crops were cotton and corn.
Resources for Renters
- The town's official website has excellent resources for prospective renters. For example, the site has a page called "Leisure & Culture" that lists summaries of the community library of Prosper, parks and recreation, the town's senior citizen program and special events. The website also displays helpful information on Prosper's town council, departments, boards and commissions, maps of the town and its history, online services, which allow renters to pay bills online, and town news, which has fun features such as a photo gallery of prominent town events.
Prosper Press News provides renters with the latest from the town, with multiple sections including news, sports, opinions, and notices.