Discover Houses for Rent in Rockport, TX
Rockport is the county seat of Aransas County and is close to Corpus Christi. Homes for rent will place families in a beautiful area directly along the Aransas Bay, while Rockport is full of superb locations such as LATITUDE 28°02' Restaurant and Art Gallery, JJ's Little Bay Cafe, Aransas County Veterans Memorial Park, Golden Needles & Quilts and Austin Street Gallery, among others.
Interesting Facts About Rockport
- The city owes its name to a rock ledge that's beneath the shore of the city.
- Rockport was known during its early history as a crucial center for shipping, cattle and packing.
- During the late 1800s, a shipping wharf was built in Rockport.
- Rockport was incorporated twice into Texas - first, as a town in 1870, then, in 1871, it was incorporated as a city.
- The construction of ships and fishing were major sources of economic production in Rockport.
- Rockport's location has made it a popular tourist destination over the years.
- During the 1940s, the shrimping industry reached its highest point in Rockport - it was a prosperous trade.
Resources for Renters
- Rockport's website, emblazoned with the city's motto, "A Birder's Paradise," has links and pages that will help renters. These include a calendar, a news center and a page called "Spotlight" that focuses on an important topic relevant to life in the city. Renters can also browse through resources such as pay online, fix it forms, financial transparency, receive notifications, view agendas and links providing information about Rockport's government and an overview of the environment a renter will find in the city.
Aransas County Independent School District's website will provide renters of Rockport with information about education in both the county and the city. The site has district news and a number of pages, such as students, school board and employment.