Discover Houses for Rent in San Benito, TX
San Benito is located in Cameron County, neighboring Harlingen and Mercedes. Families searching for homes for rent will find a high standard of life in San Benito, with many places that will keep residents entertained and happy, such as Stookey Park, La Especial Bakery, San Benito City Shop, Heavin Park, Buttercreams Cupcakery and Falligant Park.
History of San Benito
- San Benito wasn't the first name of the city, as the area was originally called Bessie, after the daughter of a financial backer of a railway that ran through the area.
- The city served as a popular center for shipping products like citrus and vegetables in the region.
- San Benito's first post office was founded in 1907, which was the first year the city used its current name.
- Later, San Benito industrialized, producing electronics and manufactured items, among other goods.
- 1911 marked the first meeting of San Benito's city council.
- The San Benito News informs the city's residents - the paper is printed a few times a week.
Resources for Renters
- The city's official website will give a good tutorial for potential renters, with pages on topics such as government, which describes the various departments that make up San Benito's government, such as the fire department, the municipal court, human resources, planning and development and public affairs, along with others. The site also lists information about services San Benito provides for residents, including health services, library services, service-social organizations, utility billing, community policing and health promotions.
- The San Benito Historical Society has a website describing the society's purpose, news, current officers, research topics the museum is working on, links and contact information. The site has the requirements for becoming a member and lists current members of the society.