Find Houses for Rent in Sherman, TX
Sherman is a city in northern Texas, near Denison and the Oklahoma border. Sherman is home to Austin College and located close to Lake Texoma, which sees 6 million visitors annually. Homes for rent in Sherman give families the opportunity to live in a suburban city with variety of parks, including Herman Baker Park, Fairview Park, Old Settlers Park and Ely Park. Sherman is also conveniently located for travel with the Sherman Municipal Airport, routes 75 and 82, and the Missouri, Kansas and Texas, Southern Pacific, and Burlington Northern rail lines.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Sherman has become a massive producer of manufactured goods. The city makes products including clothing, guns, meat, medical devices and electronics in its nearly 2,000 businesses.
- The city is named for Gen. Sidney Sherman, who fought in the Texas Revolution. Sherman was also a major advocate of the importance of railroads in young Texas.
- When the city was established in 1846, it was also named the county seat of Grayson County.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Whether you want to pay a municipal bill from the comfort of your home, read recent meeting minutes, contact the parks and recreation department or learn about what's going on in town, the official Sherman town website is your one-stop online source for information.
- The official site may help you with all matters municipal, but the tourism website is a much better resource for finding upcoming events, local attraction and other fun activities nearby for your family to do this weekend.
- Children in Sherman are part of the Sherman Independent School District. Its website is an excellent tool that can help connect parents with school administrators, teachers and coaches.