Discover Houses for Rent in Silsbee, TX
Silsbee is city near Texas' Gulf Coast in Hardin County. Highways 327 and 96 run through the city, as do several major rail lines. Homes for rent in Silsbee offer families the chance to live in a small city in rural East Texas, near Beaumont in the south.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Silsbee is a powerhouse for production. Between when oil fields were first found in 1936 and '41, and 1984, Silsbee had produced 23 million barrels of crude oil. Another major product is lumber, with Kirby Lumber Company in the city. The city is also famous in the region for its fruit production.
- Silsbee didn't exist until the Gulf, Beaumont and Kansas City Railway came through the area in 1894. The railroad's expansion was John Henry Kirby's brainchild to connect the forests of East Texas with the communities of the region. It was a massive success and catapulted Silsbee to prominence as a lumber producer.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- When you're in Silsbee, you're in Tiger Country! The entire town can get behind the Silbee Independent School District for its strong athletics and superior academics. Parents will enjoy the website that provides information on everything from student resources to school financials.
- Looking for locally written Silsbee news? Check out the Silsbee Bee. This newspaper has a strong online presence that provides residents with newspaper stories and more on the Web.
- The official Silsbee city website is a useful tool for renters who are looking for city ordnances, departmental contact information, city services, online bill paying, and other news and announcements about the city.