Find Houses for Rent in Slaton, TX
Just off Route 84, Slaton is a city in Lubbock County. Although once a booming railroad town, it's now a residential city, just southeast of Lubbock. Homes for rent in Slaton allow residents to live in a city with a great downtown area, well-respected schools and several large parks, such as Slaton City Parks, where community events are frequently held.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Farm equipment manufacturer J. I. Case was the original owner of the land where Slaton currently sits. He sold his land in 1885 to Western Land and Livestock Company, and it was repeatedly sold throughout the next few years until the Santa Fe Railroad purchased the land and set up a town in 1911. It was named for the prominent banker, O.L. Slaton.
- In the mid-1900s, the Santa Fe railroad, which was heavily based in Slaton, restructured most operations and offices to other cities, including Amarillo and Lubbock. Slaton adapted by shifting its economy to agriculture. It was particularly effective years after Santa Fe left with its cotton and grain crops in the '80s.
Helpful Resources for Renters
- The Slatonite is a great local newspaper with a strong online presence. In addition to news, opinions and announcements, the newspaper has a special focus on high school football, so everyone can keep up with the home team.
- If you're looking for local events to bring your family to this weekend, visit the Slaton Chamber of Commerce's website for links to festivals, celebrations and new businesses.
- The Slaton Independent School District serves the children of Slaton. Its website gives families plenty of access to additional information about everything from academics to athletics. The school district has been in operation for more than 100 years.