Find Great Houses for Rent in Spring Branch, TX
Spring Branch is a small town in western Comal County that's bordered by Canyon Lake on the east and Bulverde on the south. This unincorporated community was settled by the Knibbe family in 1852. They named the town after a spring that flows into the Guadalupe River. The post office that serves Spring Branch was established in 1858 and remains in service today. Homes for rent in Spring Branch provide a quiet, rural setting to raise a family, with access to Comal district schools.
Historical Facts for Future Renters
- Adam Becker, a German explorer, settled with his family near the Guadalupe River in 1852. He and his family built a house from local stones and cypress trees. Becker became a U.S. citizen in 1860, and there's a plaque commemorating his family in Spring Branch.
- For the majority of the 1900s, the population of Spring Branch was estimated to be around 25 people. The population began to grow after the completion of Canyon Dam in the 1960s.
- After the Civil War, the U.S. mail service between New Braunfels and Fredericksburg, Texas, was reestablished via Spring Branch. The first postmaster after the war, G. Elbel, kept files that provided a history of the area.
Resources for Renters
- For more information on the history of Spring Branch and the surrounding area, renters should visit the Texas State Historical Society's website. The society sells the Texas Almanac, which was first printed in 1857.
- The Comal County website is a great source for contact information of government officials, the latest news and frequently asked questions.
- For further information on Spring Branch and its businesses, visit the website of the Bulverde and Spring Branch Chamber of Commerce. It provides a yearly guide to the area that highlights special events, food and fun in the community.