Check out Houses for Rent in Temple, TX
Temple has plenty to offer families looking for homes for rent. It's a city in which they can feel like a part of a strong community and take advantage of the array of amenities. With its cultural attractions and business-friendly atmosphere, there's something in Temple for everyone.
Quick Facts for Temple Renters
- Temple is located just outside of Killeen, between both Waco and Austin. This makes its location extremely convenient for both commuters and those who'd like to get out and explore more cities in Texas during the weekends.
- Temple is located close to Fort Hood, the largest active duty military base in the U.S.
- The community was founded in the early 1880s by the Gulf, Colorado & Santa Fe Railway Company. The railroad played a key role in Temple's growth over the coming years.
Important Resources for Temple Residents
- Entrepreneurs who want to strike out on their own in Temple can benefit from getting in touch with the Temple Chamber of Commerce, which can provide them with valuable resources.
- Temple families typically send their children to schools in the Temple Independent School District.
- The City of Temple website allows residents to catch up on the latest news and get information about the most recent events, ordinances and stories.
Fun Things to Do in Temple
There's plenty for Temple residents to do in their spare time, no matter what their age. There are numerous parks and nature preserves nearby for renters to enjoy, and some may also like spending recreational time on Lake Belton. On days when the weather doesn't cooperate, members of the community may head to the Railroad and Heritage Museum or the Bell County Museum to soak in the local heritage and get a glimpse of what life was like in years past.