491 Houses For Rent in Universal City, TX
Number of Bedrooms
Universal City House Options
Looking for more?
Discover Perfect Houses for Rent in Universal City, TX
Universal City is located less than 20 miles northeast of San Antonio in Bexar and Guadalupe Counties. Universal City is adjacent to the Randolph Air Force Base. The city experienced dramatic growth in 1957, when the headquarters for Air Training Command moved to Randolph Base. Homes for rent in Universal City offer prime location for military families with a number of local parks and schools. The city also has a municipal golf course and conference center, called Olympia Hills.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- The city was founded in 1929, when three doctors from San Antonio bought the area's farmland, hoping that the airfield being built would bring in businesses and homeowners. The developer, Aubrey Milner, cam up with the name Universal City, as he believed the community would be extremely important to the military base.
- The Randolph Air Force Base was named after Captain William Randolph, a Texas native who was killed in a plane crash in 1928. He was one of the members of the committee that was tasked to name the new air field.
- In 1979, Universal City was the first community in Bexar County to have cable television.
- The city holds an annual Snowfest and carnival in February. The events includes a snow slope, hay rides, moon bounces and other carnival attractions.
Resources for Renters
- For more historical facts on Universal City and the surrounding area, renters can visit the Texas State Historical Association's website.
- Universal City's official website provides residents with information on local businesses and government. Residents are also able to pay certain bills via the website.
- Schools in the area are part of the Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City District. Renters can visit the district's website for information about local schools, academics and athletics.