Look at Houses for Rent in Magna, UT
The township of Magna is located just under 15 miles east of Salt Lake City. It's close to not just one, but three bodies of water, including the Great Salt Lake. Renters looking for a happy medium between the many events found in big-city life and the relaxing pastimes of recreational water activities will love Magna's prime location. Additionally, professionals working in the state capital will only have a short commute, ensuring that they'll have plenty of time to enjoy everything that their new homes for rent in Magna have to offer.
Fun Facts About Magna
- Magna is a Latin word meaning "great." The name comes from the Magna Mill, which was built in 1906 by Daniel Jackling, the founder of the Utah Copper Company, which later became the Kennecott Copper Corporation. During this time, Magna was still known as Pleasant Green. The name was changed in 1906 because postal workers complained that the name was too close to "Pleasant Grove," which was also located in Utah.
- A large number of early residents were of Eastern European descent. Immigrant children were welcomed into the Magna schools and were able to gain an education and further themselves in life.
- A public school was established in 1890 in response to a law requiring free education to all children. It consisted of two buildings and were called the District 47 Schools. It served the entire northwestern Salt Lake Valley.
Useful Resources for Renters
- The Magna Township website will keep renters updated on community events, projects and news.
- Local newspapers include the Oquirrh Times and Magna Times.
- Students in Magna will attend educational institutions under the Granite School District, which includes elementary, junior high, high schools and special schools.