Showing 0 of 327

Apartments For Rent in Chester, VA

Sort by: Best Match
327 properties
Results Per Page: 30

Page 1 of 11

1-30 of 327 properties

Nearby Zip Codes

Apartments for Rent in Chester, VA

A town located in Virginia, Chester has a population of slightly more than 22,000. The city's population, with an average age of just over 38, skews younger than most cities in Virginia. Renters tend to be in the minority in the city, and 70% of residents own their homes. At $1,204 a month, the average rent is just below the state average.

Chester has an average commute time of about 26 minutes. Driving a vehicle is the most common means of commuting to work, opted for by 46% of residents, while public transportation is not used much. Walking isn't a common means of commuting to work.

Chester has a high percentage of residents older than 25 who have earned an Associate's degree (8%) compared to the national average (5%). Further, 11% possess a Bachelor's degree and 8% have earned a Master's degree or Doctorate. There are three primary industries in Chester: retail, healthcare, and public administration. Together, these industries account for 19% of the workforce in the city. Meanwhile, in terms of job function, many of the city's residents work in sales, making it the top career path in the city. Chester workers earn an average annual income of around $78K, less than the Virginia average. However, Chester compares more favorably to the national average of $73,345.