410 Houses for Rent in Midlothian, Virginia
Number of Bedrooms
Midlothian House Options
Discover Houses for Rent in Midlothian, VA
The historic Virginia community of Midlothian is located in northwestern Chesterfield County, just a few miles from the state's capital of Richmond. Offering a suburban community with fun shopping, great schools and new residential developments, Midlothian is a perfect spot for families looking for homes for rent.
5 Interesting Facts for Renters About Midlothian
- Midlothian was a settlement of coal miners in the 1700s. It's believed to possibly be the site of the first coal mines in the U.S. Coal mining dominated much of the activity in Midlothian until the late 1800s, when mining activities ceased.
- Since coal mining ended, Midlothian has been a commuter town thanks to its railroad access to Richmond.
- While the community is among the fastest growing in the region, Midlothian has maintained much of its small-town community charm. In fact, a number of local groups work to maintain this Virginia-countryside feeling.
- Midlothian is home to one of the earliest free schools and one of the first Masonic Lodges in Chesterfield County.
- The village is where one of the first toll roads in Virginia was built.
Key Resources for Midlothian Renters
John Tyler Community College opened in Midlothian in 2000 and provides exciting programs and classes.
The Village of Midlothian's official website offers information on the community's history as well as services renters should know.
The Chesterfield County Chamber of Commerce also has resources for Midlothian renters.