Discover Houses for Rent in Sandston, VA
Sandston, Va., offers families looking for homes for rent easy access to major metropolitan areas within the state. The community also has a rich history and a wealth of economic opportunities.
Interesting Information About Sandston for Renters
- Henrico County is one of the oldest political subdivisions in Virginia.
- Henrico is where many important battles were fought during the Civil War, including the Seven Pines, Glendale, Malvern Hill and Yellow Tavern battles.
- Sandston and other surrounding communities serve as the location for international companies' East Coast operations.
- Sandston is located less than 30 miles from Petersburg and less than 10 miles from Richmond, which both serve as economic hotspots for the state.
- The Virginia National Guard Joint Operations Center is located in Sandston.
Key Resources for Sandston Renters
- The Henrico County official website offers information on how to obtain a "newcomer" packet for new renters and residents, as well as how to register to vote and other important information for families who recently moved to the area.
Virginia Business offers local news on Sandston and other communities.
Things to Do in Sandston
- Sandston is home to the Richmond Dragway - a 0.25-mile International Hot Rod Association sanctioned dragracing facility.
- The Henrico Theatre is also nearby, and offers musicals, plays and other fun events for the community. The theater first opened in 1938 for the purpose of showing movies. However, it was transformed into a bomb shelter during World War II and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- The Highland Springs Golf Course is also not far for renters living in Sandston to enjoy some rounds of golf.
- The Richmond Raceway Complex also offers year-round events like NASCAR races and even vintage markets.