Find Houses for Rent in Sterling, VA
Sterling is a census-designated place located at the northern tip of Virginia. It serves as home to part of the Dulles International Airport complex and is comprised of a variety of unique, distinct neighborhoods all making up a planned community. Each of these areas focuses on different kinds of industry, making homes for rent in each borough distinct to its geography.
Things Sterling Renters Need to Know
- Sterling is made up of eight distinctly different areas - Broad Run Farms, Cascades, Countryside, Dulles, Lowes Island, Potomac Falls, Sterling Park and Sugarland Run. These neighborhoods vary in urbanity and industry, but they're tied together by the central transit lines.
- Education holds a central focus for Sterling residents. There are three main public school systems, as well as George Washington University's Virginia Science and Technology Campus nearby.
- Sterling is home to the National Weather Service.
Top Resources for Sterling Renters
- Virginia Is For Lovers shows the most recent events and deals for local businesses. It also features ideas for residents and tourists alike to find interesting things to do.
- The Algonkian Writer's Conference is held in Sterling and has information about ongoing educational opportunities in the area.
- Loudoun County dedicates a section of its site to Sterling, the area at its northern expanse. This page has insights about regional businesses, community events and ongoing neighborhood initiatives.
More Fun Things to Do Near Sterling Rentals
Much of Sterling is dedicated to natural forests and protected land. The Claude Moore Park makes up more than 350 acres of Sterling territory, offering access to trails, ponds, rivers and green spaces of all kinds. This region was explored by Daniel Boone, George Washington and Edward Braddock, making this a historical site as well.