Find the Perfect Houses For Rent in Williamsburg, VA
Williamsburg, Va., which is one of the oldest cities in the U.S., has many beautiful homes for rent. Located near Norfolk in an area originally settled in 1632 by English colonists, this scenic community is known for being one of the most picturesque in the entire country. With cultural attractions at seemingly every corner of Williamsburg, there's always a new and exciting experience here to be had.
5 Interesting Facts Williamsburg Renters Should Know
- The city's economy is largely tourism based, with Colonial Williamsburg, the restored historic area of town, drawing a wealth of visitors every year.
- Tourism isn't the only thing Williamsburg has going for it, as the College of William & Mary is located here. Established in 1693, this is the second oldest university in the nation and the only one to have a coat-of-arms at the College of Arms in London, England.
- Williamsburg was once the capital of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and many of the historic government buildings from the 1600s and 1700s still stand today.
- Anheuser-Busch has a large brewing operation located right outside of town, and the company contributes to the community by sponsoring a number of cultural events.
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg is one of the most popular theme parks in the country, offering both educational and recreational attractions for visitors and Williamsburg residents alike.
Key Resources for Williamsburg Renters
Benefits Williamsburg Renters Enjoy
This city may be known for its history, but it boasts modern amenities like an extensive public bus system. However, Williamsburg is considered one of the most walkable locales in the country - great for renters with an active lifestyle.