Seek Out Houses for Rent in Port Orchard, WA
Port Orchard is a great getaway for individuals looking for homes for rent and trying to get back to nature. Nestled in the central/western part of Washington, Port Orchard is within driving distance of Seattle (about an hour away), but it's far enough that you feel secluded and can see the stars dot the night sky.
The city isn't all about the gorgeous vistas of the Olympic Mountains or the proximity to the Salish Sea, though the scenery does add to Port Orchard's charm. It's also seeped in rich history and has all the accouterments renters could need, from museums to fantastic dining options.
Top 3 Things Port Orchard Renters Should Know
- Many things revolve around the water - it's not uncommon to see people hopping aboard the ferry to Seattle or Bremerton or taking in the views at one of the numerous marinas in the city.
- The city holds a Festival of Chimes and Lights every December, which includes the lighting of City Hall's Christmas tree and displays of decorated boats.
- Port Orchard boasts great schools - two alternative academies, three junior high schools, 10 elementary schools and Olympic Community College, among other facilities.
3 Resources for Port Orchard Renters
- The Port Orchard Branch of the Kitsap Regional Library has something for everyone, from new readers to fans of any genre.
- The Human Resources Department provides citizens with the materials they need to start at new schools, find jobs and prepare for any disasters that may arise.
Public Works helps keep the numerous parks, sidewalks and streets clean and functioning. This is where to call if there are any water or sewer issues as well.
How to Have Fun in Port Orchard
There are so many ways to have good, clean fun in Port Orchard, Wash. For instance, art aficionados can check out the Sidney Art Gallery, while active individuals might want to spend a day on the links at one of the numerous golf courses, such as Horseshoe Lake or Trophy Lake.