Discover Houses for Rent in Poulsbo, WA
As a suburb of Seattle, Poulsbo is a great place to find homes for rent and take a respite from city life without getting too far from the concrete jungle. It has the small-town feel of a close-knit community, though Poulsbo is just over 21 miles away from the big city.
There are plenty of family-friendly activities that individuals of all ages can enjoy in Poulsbo. The city known as "Little Norway," has a distinct Scandinavian feel to it, thanks to the legacy of Norwegian founder Jorgen Eliason. The seaside community on the shores of Liberty Bay and next to the Olympic Mountains provides picture-perfect vistas that anyone would appreciate.
3 Facts About Poulsbo Renters Should Know
- Poulsbo has always incorporated the water into the community. Early settlers chose the city because the bay reminded them of the fjords in Norway, and today the boardwalk and three marinas are still major hotspots.
- There are a lot of volunteer opportunities for people of any age within Poulsbo Parks and Recreation, from overseeing youth programs to coaching local teams.
- Despite the small size of the city Poulsbo boasts 14 city parks and 3.75 miles of trails for adventurous renters.
Resources for People Renting in Poulsbo
- The Public Works Department works hard to keep the city pristine and safe for all residents, and provides water, sewer system and garbage services to those in the city.
- While Poulsbo has an effective and hard-working police force, the Kitsap County Department of Emergency Management is also tasked with protecting the city in the case of emergencies and other disasters.
- The Finance Department has a lot of information regarding the rates for various services, like residential water in different seasons, sewer penalties and other costs. Individuals should reach out to the department via phone or stop into City Hall.
What to Do in Poulsbo
On top of the numerous trails and parks, renters of any age also take part in various sports and leagues, though others are invited to sit on the sidelines and cheer or coach as well.