Seek Out Houses for Rent in Steilacoom, WA
The city of Steilacoom, Wash., has everything individuals looking for homes for rent could ever want, from beaches on Puget Sound to a large and all-encompassing community center. As long as people are looking for a quality, friendly welcoming area, they're going to love the western Washington city.
Facts About Steilacoom Renters Should Know
- Steilacoom is able to say it is a city of firsts. Not only was it the first official community in Washington, but it was also the site of the first Protestant church building, the first primary lending library in the state and the first school in Pierce County.
- The historic district has been nominated for a place on the National Register of Historic Places.
- The city got its name from Native Americans in honor of the Fringe Cup plant, as this flower grows naturally on the bluffs and banks of the Puget.
3 Resources for Steilacoom Rentals
- The Steilacoom Public Works Department has numerous responsibilities within the city - they take care of electricity, water, sanitation, streets and other utilities.
- To take advantage of social services, cultural programs, classes and other special events, renters should seek out the Steilacoom Community Center. This is also where individuals should go if they want to rent out spaces for special gatherings.
- New residents with children will need to contact School District No.1 for enrollment information - this covers the middle, elementary and high schools in the city.
Fun Things to Do in the City
While Steilacoom is definitely a city seeped in history, there are still plenty of active, fun things for residents who are interested in other subjects. For instance, there are numerous family-friendly events held in the center of town annually, from the Apple Squeeze to the Fourth of July celebration. Plus, individuals can take a more hands-on approach to their experiences and rent out facilities like the bandstand, picnic areas and auditoriums.