Find Houses for Rent in Middleton, WI
Middleton is a city located in Dane County. Nearby cities include Madison, Monroe and Beloit. Families looking for homes for rent will be interested in knowing that some of the closest airports to Middleton include Dane County Regional Airport and Baraboo-Wisconsin Dells Airport. Due to the city's status as a suburb of Madison, renters can take advantage of all that Wisconsin's capital has to offer, or they can keep close to home and explore local activities. Some of the unique attractions available in Middleton include the National Mustard Museum, the Capital Brewery and the Pope Farm Conservancy.
Facts for Renters
- The area known as Middleton was originally home to both the Algonquin and Ho-Chunk tribes. In 1832, other settlers came to the region and established a trading post.
- Originally, the city was part of Madison. It separated from the capital in 1848, and soon after attracted many settlers looking to start new lives out west.
- The city was renovated in the 1980s. Additions were made to the vibrant downtown area and a lot of new housing was built.
- Middleton is 25 percent open space, which includes its numerous parks and conservancy areas. The city's unique combination of natural and urban elements is thought to contribute to its high quality of life.
Resources for Renters
- Those interested in making Middleton their new home will want to check out the town's informative website.
- Renters looking to enroll their children in Middleton's public education system will be interested in clicking over to the schools website.
- Take a bite out of Middleton's local history by investigating all the National Mustard Museum has to offer.
- Learn about all the events and opportunities available through the Middleton Public Library by visiting its page.