Find Houses for Rent in Monroe, WI
Monroe is a city located in Green County. Some nearby cities include Madison, Middleton and Freeport, Illinois. Known as the Swiss Cheese Capital of the U.S., Monroe has plenty of unique attractions that are sure to excite families looking for homes for rent. Residents will enjoy exploring the Roth Kase Cheese Factory as well as the National Historic Cheesemaking Center. Cheese lovers will also want to check out Baumgarten's Cheese Store and Tavern in addition to the Chalet Cheese Cooperative. Monroe has easy access to a number of highways, and is a stop on the Wisconsin and Southern Railroad.
Facts for Renters
- Monroe's history has been preserved through the Green County Historical Society, an organization that regularly holds events and publishes documents with the goal of maintaining strong ties to the area's rich past.
- In addition to cheese products, the area is known for its world-class alcohol. Take a tour of the Minhas Craft Brewery for delicious beer, or head over to the Minhas Micro Distillery for a tasting.
- The area is home to the Monroe School District, which is the largest public school system in Green County. In addition to standard public schools, the education department oversees both an alternative high school and middle school, as well as a virtual school.
Resources for Renters
- Future residents will love checking out the city's website to gain more information about Monroe.
- People interested in the city's airport should check out the page dedicated to its information.
- The Monroe Public Library has plenty of events and opportunities that people of all ages will be interested in. Learn more by exploring its website.