Explore Houses for Rent in Colorado
Colorado is well-known for its beautiful views of the Rocky Mountains along with the numerous outdoor activities that can be enjoyed on their slopes. Homes for rent in Colorado are not only alluring to nature lovers and aspiring mountaineers, but may also appeal to culture enthusiasts thanks to its various metropolitan areas. For instance, Denver, the Mile-High City, is home to countless urban amenities, while Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Aurora and Boulder each offer their own unique attractions. Renters of many stripes may find something to love about Colorado, whether it's one of the state's many sports teams, such as the Denver Broncos, or one-of-a-kind music venues, including Red Rocks Amphitheater.
Things CO Renters Should Know
- A gold rush to Colorado began in 1858 after prospector Green Russell found small placer gold deposits. This event gave rise to the motto, "Pikes Peak or Bust."
- The Denver's U.S. Mint produced its first coins in 1906. In the same year, Congress established Mesa Verde National Park.
- Cripple Creek, the world's second richest gold camp at the time, hosted annual gold peaks of more than $20,000,000.
- On August 1, 1876, Colorado became the 38th U.S. state. The first governor of Colorado was John L. Routt.
Top 3 Destinations for Colorado Renters to Visit
- Intrepid explorers of the outdoors can roam the tallest sand dunes in North America at Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve. Visitors to the park can enjoy an array of activities, including horseback riding, astronomy, hiking and picnicking. In addition, the protected expanse is close to Zapata Falls, San Luis Lake State Park and other destinations.
- Aural aficionados will certainly want to catch a show at Red Rocks Amphitheater, a venue located in the midst of sonically and visually gorgeous geological formations. The site is situated 6,450 feet above sea level and is surrounded by 868 acres of breathtaking views and lots of wildlife.
- Colorado is a great state for beer lovers, hosting more than 8 percent of the craft breweries in the U.S. on top of facilities run by major manufacturers such as Budweiser. A few brewers worth checking out are New Belgium Brewing Company, Avery Brewing Co., and Odell Brewing Company.
Fun Facts for Colorado Renters
Colorado got its first major league baseball team, the Colorado Rockies, in 1993 and its first professional football team, the Denver Broncos, in 1960. The population of Colorado exceeded 1 million in 1931. In 1969, Beat poet Allen Ginsberg started the Naropa Institute's Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poetics.