Find Houses for Rent in Maryland
Maryland lies on the East Coast, nestled between Delaware, Virginia, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Moreover, it brushes up against Washington, D.C. At the center of the state, Baltimore hosts a variety of urban amenities in addition to its impressive waterfront. A number of other notable cities are located in Maryland, including Gaithersburg, Bowie and Frederick. Renters seeking to live at a central location on the East Coast may find homes for rent in Maryland to be ideal, thanks to their proximity to the U.S. capital, Baltimore and Philadelphia.
Intriguing Things for MD Renters to Find Out
- Brookeville, a small town in Maryland, served as the capital of the U.S. for a single day in 1814 after the British set fire to Washington, D.C. At this time, the community provided quarters to President James Madison.
- In the 1760s, the Mason-Dixon line, conventionally considered to be the border between the American South and North, was established between Pennsylvania and Maryland.
- Maryland was the site of the first train station in the U.S. The establishment, Mount Clare Station, was erected in 1830 in Baltimore.
- A resident of Maryland, Elizabeth Ann Seton, was the first American to be made a saint and continues to be honored by the National Shrine of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton in Emmitsburg and the Mother Seton House in Baltimore.
Top 3 Destinations for MD Renters to Enjoy
- Renters that harbor affection for aquatic animals may want to check out National Aquarium, situated in Baltimore Harbor. The institution is home to more than 17,000 creatures, from cartilaginous fish, such as the Blacktip Reef Shark, to the Blue Poison Dart Frog and other amphibians.
- The Chesapeake & Ohio Canal National Historical Park is a great place for history buffs to explore American history and outdoorsy types to stroll or bike along the canal. The park has many miles of hiking trails and more than 180 miles of towpath suitable for visitors to roam and enjoy.
- Music aficionados will want to catch a show at the Music Center at Strathmore, in North Bethesda. The venue not only puts on diverse musical performances, but it also provides artistic exhibitions in its gallery space.
Fun Factoids for MD Renters to Discover
Doc Holliday, reputed for his skills as a sharpshooter, learned the art of dentistry at the Baltimore College of Dental Surgery. Jousting, the state sport of Maryland, has been enjoyed for 300 years in the state. Both Edgar Allen Poe and Babe Ruth lived in Maryland.