Explore Houses for Rent in Guilderland, NY
A large, scenic town in eastern New York, Guilderland has long been a favorite place to live for city workers who enjoy life outside the metropolis. Homes for rent in Guilderland offer close proximity to gorgeous green areas, local shops and eateries and a strong school system.
Interesting Things to Know for Renters in Guilderland
- Incorporated in 1808, Guilderland includes more than a dozen hamlets, villages and other small areas. It's part of Albany County.
- Guilderland is only about 10 miles south of Schenectady and 11 miles outside of Albany, where many of the town's residents work. Mass transit options near Guilderland include rail service through Amtrak and bus service via the Capital District Transportation Authority, so getting around the region is easy. The Albany International Airport is a short trip away, so it's a good place for frequent fliers to make their home.
- Students in kindergarten through 12th grade are served by the Guilderland Central School District, which includes five elementary schools, a middle school and a high school. Close-by institutions of higher learning include Union College in Schenectady, as well as Albany Medical College and the State University of New York at Albany.
Good Resources for Guilderland Renters
- Guilderland's town website is a vital source of information for new and tenured residents alike, offering links to community organizations and an events calendar.
- The Guilderland section of the Albany Times Union and the Guilderland Spotlight both cover stories and events that matter to local residents.
What to Do in and Around Guilderland
Stores and restaurants line Western Ave., which runs concurrently with U.S. Route 20 straight to Albany. Nearby recreation spots include the Waitecliff and Albany Pine Bush preserves, while golfers can get in a round at the Albany Country Club. There are many can't-miss destinations in Albany, including Empire State Plaza, New York State Museum and the Palace Theatre.