Find Houses for Rent in Buda, TX
Calling itself "The Outdoor Capital of Texas," the city of Buda offers a small-town, laid-back lifestyle full of recreation opportunities for families looking for homes for rent.
Interesting Information About Buda for Renters
- Buda, which was founded in 1881, is located 20 minutes south of Austin and about an hour northeast of San Antonio. It's within Hays County.
- The city prides itself on offering the charm of a small community and family-friendliness. It also has beautiful landscapes, open space and 29.6 acres per capital of parkland.
- Dairy farms and ranches were historically the basis of the local economy. However, the city has been home to mills, a lumberyard, a cheese factory and other industries, and served as an active commercial center and railroad depot until the Great Depression.
- Buda is home to the famous Weiner Dog Races. Participants of the races come from all over the United States.
Key Resources for Buda Renters
- Buda has its own Facebook page, where renters can stay up to date on community events and news.
- The Buda Economic Development Corp. was established in 2001 and provides resources for local businesses. Some major businesses in the community include Cabela's and Capital City Steel.
- The Buda Area Chamber of Commerce's website also provides helpful information on the community.
- Information about local government and city services can be found at Buda's official city website.
Things to Do in Buda
- Buda has a historic downtown area, which serves as the center of the community and includes a variety of shopping opportunities.
- The city hosts various fairs and festivals throughout the year, including the Louisiana Swamp Thing & Crawfish Festival, the Fine Arts Festival and Budafest - a week-long fest in December that celebrates the holiday season.
- The city has numerous recreation opportunities, including a lengthy trail system in the 51-acre Historic Stagecoach Park. Buda's tourism website provides information about other area attractions.