Discover Houses for Rent in California
California, the 3rd largest state in the U.S., hosts diverse climates and cultures, from the dry Mojave desert to fertile soil of the Central Valley. Wherever renters seek to settle, homes for rent in California have something to offer. Wine enthusiasts can head to the North, Central or South Coast, while avid hikers can scale Mt. Baldy. The state is also home to urban amenities thanks to its numerous metropolitan areas, such as San Francisco, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Diego and Long Beach. With such a varied array of cities and geographies, California is sure to draw renters of many different stripes.
Information CA Renters Should Know
- Once a Mexican territory called "Alta California," California attracted immigrants as word spread about its natural resources and beauty. Settlers at this time made their homes in what are now the Napa Valley and Sonoma regions.
- In 1846, the Republic of California was formed and was its own country for several weeks. The republic was created after William B. Ide, a Bear Flagger, announced a declaration of independence on June 15.
- American settlers stopped Lieutenant Francisco Arce from delivering 170 horses to the leader of the Mexican army in the June of 1846. On the 10th of the month, the Americans brought the horses and Lieutenant Arce to Captain John C. Fremont's camp.
Top 3 California Attractions for Renters to Visit
- Yosemite National Park is a go-to destination for nature lovers, with its array of outdoor activities, including rock climbing, biking, camping, fishing, backpacking and bird watching. The park covers close to 1,200 square miles and first came under protection in 1864.
- Renters that love the surf and sand will want to relax at Venice Beach, one of California's most iconic shoreside locations. Visitors can take a dip in the water, catch some sun or peruse the plethora of vendors operating on the boardwalk.
- Out in Anaheim, amusement part aficionados can enjoy the wonders of Disneyland. The entertainment hotspot is great for all ages, with rides and amenities from Mickey's Fun Wheel to the Mark Twain Riverboat.
Fun Facts About California
The state animal of California is the California Grizzly Bear, while the state flower is the Golden Poppy. The motto of California is "Eureka," which is Greek for "I found it." California contains 158,706 square miles of land within its borders. Anza-Borrego Desert State Park is California's largest state park, spanning 600,000 acres.