Find Houses for Rent in Bastrop, TX
Located within the Greater Austin metropolitan area, Bastrop, Texas, offers renters looking for homes for rent a historical community amid pine forests and a beautiful river valley.
Interesting Information for Bastrop Renters
- The city of Bastrop is the county seat of Bastrop County. The city was first occupied in 1804 and remained the only city in the county until the 1870s, when the railroad reached the community. During that time, Bastrop served as a business, commercial and political center. The city was officially incorporated in 1837.
- The Colorado River runs through Bastrop, offering renters recreation opportunities.
- Bastrop was almost the capital of Texas, but was beat out by Waterloo - now known as Austin - due to lower land prices.
- Bastrop is located 30 miles southeast of Austin.
- The city has a historic downtown, and nearby neighborhoods contain more than 100 historic homes.
Key Resources for Bastrop Renters
Things to Do in Bastrop
- Bastrop State Park is located in the county. Renters can swim, camp, hike or golf in the state park.
- The Bastrop County Audubon Society leads organized bird watching sessions in the state park as well.
- Many other recreation opportunities exist in Bastrop for renters, including the McKinney Roughs Nature Park and horseback riding at local ranches.
- Multiple 18-hole golf courses are located in Bastrop, including the Pine Forest Golf Club and the Lost Pines Golf Course.
- Families and renters can also enjoy antique shopping and other shopping in the city's historic downtown area.