2,239 Houses for Rent in Washington, District of Columbia
Number of Bedrooms
Washington House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Looking for more?
Elect a House for Rent in Washington, D.C.
Life in the capital sounds exciting, but some families looking for homes for rent in Washington, D.C., may be unsure of what to expect. But this historic, politically significant community is a great place to raise kids, especially if parents want their children to grow up surrounded by museums and cultural attractions. And it's less than 40 miles from Baltimore, another hub of excitement.
Things for Washington Renters to Know
- There's always something going on in Washington. From demonstrations to free events, residents will always notice some activity around town. Parents can use these as opportunities to teach their children more about current events or history.
- The District isn't a state or part of another state. Rather, it's considered a federal district. It was established by the Constitution to serve as the nation's seat of government.
- Washington is much more than a place from which politicians govern the nation - it's also become a cosmopolitan city that many ordinary people call home.
Resources for Washington Renters
- Washington is served by the District of Columbia Public Schools system. The system's website, Facebook page and Twitter account provide both parents and students with the most up-to-date information and resources.
- The district's main website has valuable updates for residents with regard to upcoming events, legislation and local agencies.
Fun and Entertainment in Washington
Washington, D.C., is a vibrant and exciting place - renters will never run out of things to do while living in the district. The vast number of museums, monuments, libraries and other attractions is enough to keep residents occupied for years. From the White House to the Lincoln Memorial, the Bureau of Engraving and Printing to the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum, D.C. provides educational entertainment options that will be enticing for residents of all ages.