Find Houses for Rent in Oxon Hill, MD
Oxon Hill is part of an old plantation and farming community at the head of the Potomac River. It sits on the edge of Prince George's County on the eastern side of the river across from Washington, D.C., and serves as a major residential and commercial region for professionals and tourists. Those looking for homes for rent can find many great opportunities in Oxon Hill.
Things Oxon Hill Renters Need to Know
- Oxon Hill and Oxon Farm are historic areas and feature a variety of national parks. They bring in a mix of visitors and cater to arts, history, science and recreation seekers.
- The region is located near the Capital Beltway and Woodrow Wilson Bridge, making it an ideal location for those working in Washington, D.C., and seeking separation between home and office.
- Bicycle paths and public transit systems make Oxon Hill a commuter-friendly region.
- The Potomac River plays a prominent part in shaping Oxon Hill's geography, residential habits and business options.
Top Resources for Oxon Hill Renters
- The Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission offers valuable insights into how Oxon Hill operates on a daily basis. This online resource provides information on regional political figures, public works and area opportunities for job seekers.
- The Oxon Hill Public School District grants people insights into upcoming youth and family events in the area. The school's website has a calendar of events, educational resources and outreach opportunities for residents of all ages.
More Fun Things to Do Near Oxon Hill Rentals
The Oxon Cove Park is one of the best mixed entertainment venues in the area. It features historical reenactments, interactive animal exhibits and plenty of room to hike, bike and picnic. There are also hay rides and seasonal events throughout the year. This area serves as an integral link to Oxon Hill's past.