Find Houses for Rent in Billings, MT
Billings, Montana's largest city, is located on the Yellowstone River and Interstate 90. In addition to the river, Billings is the county seat for Yellowstone County, although it's more than 100 miles from the national park of the same name. Billings is a trade and cultural center with places like the Yellowstone Art Museum and an industrial climate that Forbes magazine once named the best city to start a small business in. Homes for rent in Billings range from being in urban to suburban neighborhoods, but all are near some of the city's great parks, like Riverfront Park right along the Yellowstone River. Billings is near the towns Laurel and Hardin.
Important Information for Future Renters
- Billings' northern border is formed by the "rimrocks," a unique rock formation that overlooks the city and can give families a unique perspective when climbed.
- Billings became a major community in 1882 when the railroad came through the area. As a place to ship cattle from for the stockyards in Chicago, Billings quickly became Montana's largest city. Billings has continued to be a regionally important area, as interstates 90 and 94 intersect near the city.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- The Billings Public Schools district is a major operation with dozens of schools, including 22 elementary schools. Montana State University is also in Billings. Not only does this give families a chance to attend collegiate events, but it adds a cultural and youthful feel to the city.
- Residents in Billings can get their local news from the Billings Gazette, which features news from all over Big Sky Country.
- Families who need to find a town official's contact information or an important document should check out the official city website. Those who are just looking for something fun to do in Billings can visit Billings' tourism site.
Live in Billings
Billings is a growing city with a strong economy and plenty of room for your family to move in.