Discover Houses for Rent in Aberdeen, SD
Aberdeen, at the junction of routes 12 and 281, is the third most populous city in South Dakota and the county seat of Brown County. Near Sand Lake National Wildlife Refuge and the communities Watertown and Milbank, Aberdeen is far from other major cities in the state and anchors the northeast area. Homes for rent in Aberdeen are perfect for families looking to live in an active and educated community. Aberdeen is home to the large Moccasin Creek Softball and Soccer Complex, several parks, the Avera Aberdeen Medical Center and two institutions of higher education - Presentation College and Northern State University.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Sand Lake National Wildlife Refuge is a great place for families to take a day trip and explore nature. Run by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, the area has been named a "Globally Important Bird Area" and a "Wetland of International Importance" because it's one of the only well-maintained wetlands still on the prairie.
- Aberdeen is currently home to the Aberdeen Regional Airport, but in 1921 the state's first airport was built in the area on the tri-state fairgrounds. Aberdeen has seen multiple airports, airplane companies and air routes since that first airport, but aviation has remained important throughout.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Residents who are looking for help with municipal tasks should turn to the official Aberdeen website, but those looking for activities in the city and Brown County may prefer the visitors website, which is a great asset to residents.
- Citizens of Aberdeen can find local news, sports and weather at Aberdeen News' website.
- The Aberdeen School District serves all of the children in South Dakota's third-largest city through its nine schools.
Live in Aberdeen
From the Sioux and early American pioneers, Aberdeen has had a long, proud history that today's residents continue.