Discover Houses for Rent in Laredo, TX
Laredo is located in Webbs County, near San Antonio. Families searching for homes for rent will find a pleasant environment in Laredo, with urban locations such as Laredo International Airport, Lake Casa Blanca International State Park, Republic of the Rio Grande Museum, Laredo Children's Museum, Laredo Public Library and Taco Palenque.
History of Laredo
- Laredo is a major point of trade between Mexico and the U.S. because of its location along the border.
- Tomás Sánchez de la Barrera y Garza, a rancher, founded Laredo in 1755. One of the principal economic means in early Laredo involved livestock - cattle, sheep and goats were plentiful in the area.
- The late 1700s witnessed the construction of a military garrison in Laredo.
- The tumultuous politics of both the U.S and Mexico were influential on the formation of Laredo. For example, the Texas Revolution, the Mexican War and the Civil War all had repercussions on life in Laredo.
- The Laredo Times was founded in 1881, allowing citizens and renters of the city to keep abreast of local news.
- The late 1800s saw a significant increase in both the economy and population of Laredo. This was due to the proliferation of industries and transportation avenues. Some prominent examples of this development were railroads and coal mining.
Resources for Renters
- The city's website has numerous features potential renters can investigate. These include pages on city services, departments and community links. The latter directs renters to churches in Laredo, nonprofit organizations in the city, schools in Laredo and regional links. The site also has an "About Laredo" page that points out significant locations in the city among maps and other helpful resources.
- Parents can browse through Laredo Independent School District's website to find information about education in the city. Pages list school campuses, administrative data and contact information.