Discover Houses for Rent in Odessa, TX
Odessa is located in Ector County and neighbors Midland. Families searching for homes for rent can visit multiple amenities and cultured locations during their time in Odessa - these include Woodson Park, Rosa's Cafe, Odessa American, St. Mary's Church, Second Baptist Church, Basin Nights, Murry H. Fly Resource Library and Henderson Park.
Interesting Facts About Odessa
- The city has the dual honor of being the most populous community in Ector County and the site of the county seat.
- Odessa's pleasant climate and perennial sunshine make the community a popular destination for retired people.
- The city was founded because of the construction of the Texas and Pacific Railway. Odessa served as a water stop along the railway's route and owes its name to workers who thought the appearance of the Texas region was similar to Odessa, Russia.
- Cattle was shipped from Odessa in the beginning of its history - this economic emphasis shifted to oil production in the early 1900s.
- Odessa was officially incorporated in 1927.
- The oil industry helped spur the economic development of Odessa. This also had a catalytic force on the population of the community.
Resources for Renters
Odessa's website offers renters helpful summaries and descriptions of important resources in the community. For example, the "eGov" page breaks down into various pages related to city government and city life. Residents can learn about financial transparency, the city council districts, a link to follow the city on twitter, news, maps, parks and awards the city has received over the years. The latter includes a Gold Leadership Circle Award from the state of Texas. Other pages on the site that will be helpful to renters are residents, businesses and employment.
- Odessa's location in Ector County means that parents looking to provide the best education possible to their children should visit Ector County Independent School District's website to make this judgment.