Discover Houses for Rent in Mechanicsville, VA
The central, rural and suburban town of Mechanicsville, Va., is located just outside of Richmond, making it a 20-minute drive from the state capital for families looking for homes for rent. Its close proximity to Richmond offers residents the chance to experience a vibrant downtown area not far away but still enjoy the peaceful community atmosphere full of rich history that Mechanicsville has to offer.
Interesting Information for Mechanicsville Renters
- Mechanicsville is located within Hanover County, which is part of the Greater Richmond metropolitan area but still offers a taste of rural America.
- Mechanicsville is unincorporated. The only incorporated town in the county is Ashland.
- Olli Salumeria, Mechanicsville's artisanal slow-cured meats maker, has made Oprah Winfrey's "Favorite Things" list.
- Mechanicsville is home to some major battles of the American Civil War, including the Battle of Beaver Dam Creek on June 26, 1862.
Key Resources for Mechanicsville Renters
- To stay up to date on community events and news, check out The Mechanicsville Local.
- The Hanover County official website offers renters key information on town services.
- The Hanover County Economic Development website offers helpful information for families looking for homes for rent in the town of Mechanicsville. The economic development group's office is located in Mechanicsville.
Things to Do in Mechanicsville
- Mechanicsville is located not far from Kings Dominion, an amusement park with state-of-the-art roller coasters and rides that attract more than 2 million people every year.
- Because of Mechanicsville's and Hanover County's rich history, families living in the community can visit the many historical sites, like the Beaver Dam Creek Battlefield site where Gen. Robert E. Lee initiated the beginning of a successful battle.
- The Gaines' Mill Battlefield is also located in Mechanicsville, where more than 15,000 soldiers from both the Union and Confederacy lost their lives.