Discover Houses for Rent in Anchorage, AK
Anchorage, about a seven-hour drive from Fairbanks, is nestled between the Turnagain Arm and the Knik Arm of the Cook Inlet, making the city a shoreside metropolis. Renters seeking a balance between untamed wilderness and the comforts of civilization may find homes for rent in Anchorage to be the perfect fit, thanks to the area's urban resources and the vast natural lands of Alaska.
Intriguing Facts for Anchorage Renters
- Students, staff and faculty in the Anchorage School District speak at least one of nearly 100 languages used in the precinct.
- The National Civic League designated Anchorage as an All-American multiple times, including the period from 1984 to 1985, 1956 and 1965.
- During the lengthiest summer days in Anchorage, residents can take advantage of up to 22 hours of daylight, including morning and evening illumination.
- Anchorage spans roughly 1,961 square miles, placing it among the biggest U.S. cities by area along with several other Alaskan locales, including Juneau, Sitka and Wrangell.
Helpful Anchorage Resources
- To get acquainted with local government, businesses and residential life, renters can visit the website of the Municipality of Anchorage.
- The Anchorage School District website can be useful for parents who want to explore academic options for their children.
- Information about dining, culture and other amenities in Anchorage can be found at the Anchorage Convention & Visitors Bureau website.
Things to Do in Anchorage
At the Alaska Museum of Science & Nature, the intellectually curious can check out a diverse selection of exhibits on topics ranging from polar dinosaurs and the Ice Age to Alaskan animals and bird migration. Renters looking to get up close and personal with living creatures can visit the Alaska Zoo, which is home to moose, gray wolves, Canadian lynxes, harbor seals and many other mammals and birds. Those residing in Anchorage rentals who want to roam the outdoors may want to stop by Kincaid Park to travel its more than 35 miles of trails or experience one of its many events.