47 Houses for Rent in Wasilla, Alaska
Number of Bedrooms
Wasilla House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Discover Houses for Rent in Wasilla, AK
About an hour from Anchorage and about six hours from Fairbanks, homes for rent in Wasilla may appeal to renters who want to live in a suburban environment in Alaska without being too far removed from either a major metropolis or expansive green spaces.
Interesting Things to Know About Wasilla
- Wasilla became a suburban area during the first portion of the 1970s when the George Parks Highway was constructed, connecting the community to Fairbanks.
- Chief Wasilla of the local Dena'ina Athabascan tribe is the namesake of Wasilla, though the significance of his moniker is disputed. Some say the name is a derivative of the Russian word for "William," "Vasili," while others claim that it means "breath of air" in the dialect of the chief's native tribe.
- Wasilla was known as the "Gateway to the Willow Creek Mining District" from 1917 through 1940. Willow Creek Mining became a site for hard rock mining gold in 1907.
Helpful Resources for Wasilla Renters
- Information about living in Wasilla and participating in local government is available at the municipal website of the City of Wasilla.
- The Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District website contains useful tools for parents with children in grades K-12 interested in learning more about the academic opportunities available in Wasilla.
- To get involved in local business or explore the various amenities of the city, renters can check out the Greater Wasilla Chamber of Commerce website.
Recreational Activities in Wasilla
At the Dorothy G. Page Museum, those living in Wasilla rentals can learn about the history of the area through a variety of collections and exhibits, including a replica of a trading post established by O.G. Herning. Movie lovers can catch a flick at The Valley Cinema, which shows films from a diverse array of genres. For live entertainment, renters can head to Valley Performing Arts to experience theatrical performances or audition for a role.