Find Houses for Rent in Juneau, AK
Juneau is located amid multiple nationally protected green spaces, about a 22-hour drive from Anchorage and 19 hours from Fairbanks. Thanks to the nearby wilderness and beautiful mountain and waterside vistas, homes for rent in Juneau may appeal to renters who love nature and gorgeous sights.
Interesting Things for Juneau Renters to Know
- Juneau is the second-biggest U.S. city by area and covers more land than any other state capital with a total of 3,248 square miles of territory within its borders.
- The weather in Juneau is moderate due to its coastal climate. During the winter, temperatures hover in the 20s and 30s, while in the summer the area warms to the 60s and 70s.
- Juneau hosted the most sizable gold mines from the initial finds of the substance through World War II. Following gold yields worth $80 million at the time, mining activities ceased in Alaska and Juneau.
Helpful Tools for Juneau Renters
- Renters interested in government affairs and programs can head to the City and Borough of Juneau official website.
- Information about education is available to parents with children in grades K-12 at the website of the Juneau School District.
- The Juneau Chamber of Commerce website hosts a number of resources for those seeking to get involved in local events and business.
Recreational Activities in Juneau
Not far from Juneau rentals, Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve spans 3.3 million acres, encompassing several types of landscape, from temperate rainforest to glacial environments. Visitors to the park can enjoy the wilderness in a variety of ways, such as taking a cruise on Glacier Bay, sport fishing or hiking trails. At the heart of Juneau, renters can check out the Alaska State Museum, which hosts permanent collections and rotating exhibitions. For instance, the intellectually curious can check out more than 32,000 items that preserve the history, culture and grandeur of Alaska.